By Marla Finley
I had gotten too content. Once I lost 4 pant sizes and got into a healthy BMI of 22.8, I celebrated! Then, I got satisfied.
Yesterday I read Ashly’s article about how to lose a pound a week by being in a calorie deficit. This is a common truth, and reading about how to turn it into small goals really encouraged me.
Then, when doing my wii fit plus body test today I was reminded that though I have a healthy BMI (body mass index), I could have an even healthier BMI. So, to be realistic and shoot for mole hill goals (unlike my usual grandiose thinking), I’ve set a goal of losing 2 pounds and getting to 22.5 BMI in 2 months (August 11). I think it’s quite reasonable, but it means that I’ll need to be in a calorie deficit.
I usually feel so restricted by counting everything I eat, but I’ve found a tool that I’ll begin using again that is pretty fun too. Who else would like to join the free My Fitness Pal community with me and track our goals?
There are a lot of things I like about this tool:
- It has a complimentary app
- Tons of brand names of restaurant items and grocery store items and even the supplements I take are already listed. I just select the name and the calorie count is there.
- I can also track my water, BMI and measurements.
- It remembers my meals so that I can easily just select a meal I’ve already had (like the meal replacement drink and fat loss powder I drink for breakfast everyday).
- The best part is that when I track my exercise activities (which are also already calculated), I get to EARN back calories for the day. That’s an awesome way of viewing exercise.
I’m dedicated to beating the odds of my family health history. I want to have energy to play with my grandkids someday and take our family on trips around the world. What’s your reason for wanting to get slim?
I’d love to hear your comments. You can find me in the myfitnesspal community by this username: “marlafinley”